Located at the corner of Route 26 & Route 994
17481 Raystown Rd, James Creek, PA 16657
Raystown Lake Area
Title Transfer Service -- Bear Creek RV is a PennDOT Registered Agent
We have a complete title transfer service at our location in James Creek, Pa. We can help you transfer RV, Car, Truck, Trailer, or Motorcycle titles.
Title Transfer Process (very similar to selling a vehicle):
- The buyer and seller will go together to the Bear Creek RV office to fill out the back of the title. Do not sign the title in advance but wait until you get to our office.
- The buyer will submit the title, an application, ID (driver's license), and proof of insurance.
- The buyer will pay the applicable title transfer fees, sales tax, and registration fees. Bear Creek RV accepts cash, checks, credit cards or money orders for the applicable fees. Please call our office in advance to find out the fees for the transaction.
Steps for Selling a Recreational Vehicle:
- Determine the selling price based on fair market value. It is helpful to have a vehicle history report if you are selling a motorhome. Bear Creek offers a RV consignment program and can help set the best selling price for the RV.
- Clean the interior and exterior to make the RV as presentable as possible.
- If selling a motorhome, make sure the state inspection is up to date.
Private Vehicle Sale (Auto/Motorhome/Trailer or motorcycle)
In a private vehicle sale, both the buyer and seller are responsible for completing a DMV title transfer through the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT).
The seller AND buyer must go together to a PennDOT agent ( like Bear Creek RV), to complete the auto, motorhome, trailer or mortorcycle title transfer.
From the PA Dept of Motor Vehicles: How to Complete an Auto Title Transfer in Pennsylvania
- The buyer and seller will go together to a title office to fill out the back of the title.
- The buyer will submit the title, an application, ID, and proof of insurance.
- The buyer will pay the applicable title transfer fees, sales tax, and registration fees.